Friday, April 28, 2006

Keeping Things In Perspective

Just like everyone, I have been upset by the continually rise in gasoline prices. I have began to plot how I was going to walk to the store, use public transportation, or implement other cost-cutting moves. After reading today's Washington Post article on gas prices in Europe, I come to realize that maybe, just maybe, I'm overreacting.

London's average gas price is $6.62 per gallon. $6.62 per gallon! I don't think you heard me, $6.62 per gallon. That's double the amount that we pay in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Let me break it down for you! If it takes $55 to fill up your Lexus, Acura, Ford, Chevrolet, or Toyota in DC, it will take you around $110 to fill it up in London or other European countries. The way gas prices are now, I can at least splurge once and awhile at Macy's or some other shopping outlet. IF I HAD TO PAY $110 EVERY TIME I FILLED UP MY GAS TANK, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO SHOP AT GOODWILL.

Read this interesting article yourself by clicking on the attached link: GAS PRICES

Written by COWBOY4EVER

No comments: