Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hurricane Katrina Briefings - SICKEN


Let's see! A couple of days after Hurricane Katrina hit the New Orleans, President Bush said, "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees," and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff agreed. Now six months later the Associated Press released a video that shows Michael Brown, then-Director of the FEMA, giving President Bush not only warnings about the levees in New Orleans but warnings of possible disastrous conditions at the New Orleans Superdome stadium. Although this video CLEARLY illustrates the Bush Administration's lack of action during this crisis, they are attempting to downplay the significance of the video.

When I saw this story being reported on the 10'o clock news last evening, I instantly received a sicken feeling in my stomach. I didn't get angry, I became sick. How can my wonderful country go to other countries to liberate the citizens, but NEGLECT the citizens at home. How can my country allow this to happen? Did the slow response happen because the majority of the 9th ward resident are black? Is it because the majority of people that tried to find safe haven in the New Orleans Superdome was black? I'm going to leave that question for you, the reader, to ponder. The question I keep asking myself is, "Would this slow response have happened in the State of Florida?" I DON'T THINK SO!

As the evening continue I started to become angry because several cable news network's tried to blame the residents for their fate. These buffoons on television blamed the residents because they didn't evacuate the city. When you have many people in that area (and globally) living paycheck to paycheck, these residents probably didn't want to leave their homes with "no money." This pro-administration media blitz was done to divert attention from their lack of effort.

The one lesson that I have learned from this disaster is, "don't put your total trust in the federal government." They will fail you every time.

PLEASE SHOW YOUR DISPLEASURE WITH THIS ADMINISTRATION BY VOTING DURING YOUR LOCAL ELECTIONS. WE NEED TO SHOW THAT WE DEMAND RESULTS.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/02/fema.tapes/index.html

Written by COWBOY4EVER

No comments: